Not sure if I’m excited about it being August or not (ok, kinda not) but it’s here whether I like it or not!
I’m linking up with Kacey again for Five for Friday!
1. Guess what?! There’s a sale Monday! Obviously, everything in my shop is on sale!
and I’m hard at work trying to finish up a few things I made for my classroom, but adjusting to fit more needs…honestly, I’ve been pretty uninspired for the past 6 months or so. It happens. I’ll get through it. So whenever I do post new stuff, I’ll always discount it for 24 hours!
2. Here’s some things I’m working on for my writing center
I made these to go with the many, many flash cards I pick up at Target Dollar Spot every year! I know my kids need some more focused prompting in the first half of the year. I made them with questions and with graphic organizers for thinking and responding so I can scaffold a little. Plus, I made my own writing center to hang on my corkboard. I’ve used another one for years, but it’s a little too simple for 2nd grade. Plus, I wanted it to match of course! It’ll all be posted soon!
3. Okay, you caught me. This next picture is from last week, but I never shared it! I finally trudged to Nordstrom for the Anniversary Sale! I was going to pick out a new bag because I’ve carried the same bag for 7 years! Seriously! I love it, but she needs a little break. I picked up this tote from Longchamp and it is TO DIE FOR! Oh my gosh! The leather! I could shove my face in it all day! Sniff!!!! I think handbags may be the only French thing I love! I also bought my first pair of Birkenstocks!
4. Did you link up with Week One of my Assessment linky? Better hurry, tomorrow is Week TWO!!! What will the test be…Oh, I don’t know/or do I?
5. and last, but not least…THREE lucky ladies picked up $100 each from KidCarpet.com! Congrats! You will be contacted by them next week! Yippee! I am so thankful for companies who donate to teachers aka our students. It makes my heart happy!