So it’s a new month…almost…and I haven’t blogged since the wheel was invented, so I thought I’d share a few little goodies I’m utterly obsessing over these days!
For My Classroom
- Y’all. I’m kinda lazy these days…or maybe smarter. I’m going with smarter. I love a good, old-fashioned workbook sometimes! I love that I can now print straight to our copy machine from my desktop. And I love not having to think about if this or that matches this standard or that standard. I love my Carson-Dellosa Common Core 4 Today products! This is our first year with the MAP test ( I don’t even know what that acronym stands for). I have read all about it on your blogs and on facebook, but now I know. And that’s only ONE or TWO new official assessments for my 7 year olds. Not to mention mClass and all the other assessments we give. I don’t mind getting data, but how much different data does a girl need? So this little CC 4 Today Math book here is a lifesaver! Copy, handout, that’s it. Each and every skill is assessment multiple times, there’s 40 full weeks of review, and a weekly formal assessment built in. No more gathering from a hundred resources my team has to make an assessment book! Oh, and it’s only $10…and It’s ON SALE through tonight! I guess I could have posted this sooner, huh?
- Have you seen my rug? Nuff said…like, our classroom is the highlight of the school if I do say so myself! Everyone who tours or comes by comments on it and takes pictures! Yep, it’s a beaut. Maybe I’ll get a post up soon!
- Nicky Folders. My kids had these for daily folders at their school and I was.this.close to shelling out for my class a set when lo and behold an awesome company DONATED them to our K-3 classrooms! Say what?! Happy teacher, happy parents! And I saved $45! And they come in black, too!
For Our Home
4. Patent Posters. These first caught my eye at Restoration Hardware where they are about $400! Nope. But then I found some on Zazzle while browsing, then some on Amazon while browsing…you get the picture! We really want a set of baseball ones for the living room.
5. Animal heads. Not deer taxidermy or anything, but the fake stuff! We have a huge steer from RH that we bought ourselves for Christmas, but Target has some of the cutest ones yet! Plaid!? and here’s a great blog post about decorating with fauxidermy!
6. Burlap. Cross Stitch. It’s so fall. I found the most precious pillow at Target with “gather” embroidered on it! Oh! Love, love!
For My Closet.
7. Boots. I LOVE boots. Booties are precious with skirts and jeans. And there are so many styles now! Free People is always my favorite!
8. Ok, boots again, but especially over the knee boots! I’m only 5 feet tall, but I love them! I want them like thigh high! Love. I’ve been wearing boots for a week already!
9. Earrings. I haven’t worn earrings in years. literally. I have 7 piercing in them, but as I got older I couldn’t stand them in and my ear lobes got so itchy. Even with the “nickel free” ones. But I got a sweet little set of gold heart studs from Moon and Lola in my Rocksbox, and I wore them for TWO WHOLE DAYS! Yep! So obviously I had to buy them. And then 2 pairs of Kate Spade studs during the Nordstrom sale too! These pictured (sold out) and glitter! these are my jam.
So that’s what I’m utterly obsessing over right now! How about you!?
Want to know more about something? Just ask!